Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A day of Rest

I love getting up in the morning and it be so quiet.  I have a morning routine.  Bathroom, brush teeth, make the bed, let the dogs out, make coffee. Same thing every day.  I sit in the quiet with my coffee. No tv. No music. Just quiet.   I enjoy this part of my day.

My friend came over yesterday and we worked on my kitchen a bit.  She has been so wonderful.  She got busy painting another coat of paint onto my kitchen cabinets after she convinced me it would be easier for me to put the raised stencil on the doors if we took them down.  We are doing it a little at a time.  Each side so it's not as overwhelming.  She made my day yesterday by coming over to help me. I could not have gotten so much done without her.  One thing about painting or face lifting a room or furniture is that everything is in disarray when you do it and it bothers me so much!  It's a mess everywhere but there is nothing you can do about it.

After she left yesterday I finished my end tables for my living room, except for the handles.  I'm stumped as to whether I should reuse the handles I have and if I do what color to paint them or should I wait to buy new ones.  To buy new ones is an expense I just can't justify right now but really the old ones...I just am not sure what to do with a color for them.  I painted the end tables a shiny black (semi-gloss) and then painted tan color I mixed myself with paint and a glaze to create a "pickled" look.  I painted the tan color into the crevices for the table and around the edges.  I've taken a few pictures but am waiting to upload until I get the handles on them.

I also finished the cabinet I got off of freecycle.  I still need to run out today and get 1 more handle for it but i did decide to put the cabinet in my dining room.  I took out the wood rod that was in the top cabinet and screwed in a wine glass holder i had purchased from World Market many years ago.  So now it is a liquor/wine cabinet.  I was going to use it as a tv console but it was just a bit too tall (bummer) but it does look nice in the dining room.

I'm trying to stay busy and get as much done as I can.  I have a busy day tomorrow as well.  First off a dreaded appointment with the dentist.  I have to have some fillings removed and replaced and then I have a to have a root canal and crown which by itself depresses me for several reasons.  It is a tooth that is in the very front.  I had gone to the dentist because no matter how white my other teeth were this one tooth seemed always to be dull and was getting worse.  So last week at the dentist I asked him about it.  He (my dentist) asked me if I had ever had any trauma to my face...had I ever been hit in the mouth...  I just sat there... i remember the words that someone said to me..."there are no bruises...no cuts..no bleeding...you have no pictures and you have not proof so no one will believe you..it's just your word against mine and no one will believe you".... Yes, I said to the Dr.  I did have a few incidents.  He explained to me that because of being hit in the face it most likely damaged the nerve to that tooth and gradually through the years the nerve has started to die and so no amount of whitening would fix it and I would need to have a root canal and crown on it.  So yeah...

Sometimes it doesn't matter how happy you are or how well life seems to be going.  Something happens that brings the past right back up and it's pretty hard to deal with but you just have to try and sit and let that feeling run it's course.  It helps to pray and let it go...it's easier said than done.  For me..it's easier to stay as busy as possible and try and work into exhaustion so I don't have time to think about things.  Someday though, it won't even bother me at all and I'm looking forward to that day...i'm looking forward to a day of Rest.

Time to get ready for church then back to working on those cabinets. I've got a ton to do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment