Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dinner is Ready!!

Worked most of the day trying to work on the kitchen cabinets, pot some of the house plants we've been growing and vacuuming and cleaning up before the hubby gets home from his 4 day flight.  Before I knew it, I looked at the clock and it was 7:30!!  So I needed to figure out what I needed to make for a quick dinner. Looking through the pantry I found:

1 can Mexican Corn
1 can Palm Hearts
1 can Garbanzo Beans. 

In the fridge was:
1 head of iceberg lettuce

and in the freezer:
a bag of frozen mix veggies (blackbean,onions,corn, green peppers and onion)
a bag of individually frozen chicken breast, but i only needed 4.

What i did was place 4 of the frozen chicken breast in a strainer and ran some cold water over them. While the water is running over the chicken to "par-thaw" I chopped up the lettuce and put it in 4 bowls.  I then opened each can veggies and drained them.  I divided the contents of the 3 cans into each of the 4 bowls on top of the lettuce.

I put the frozen veggies in the microwave and cooked for only 2 minutes.  I topped my salad with that as well because i love the little kick it gives. I then heated a pan with about 2 tablespoons of oil.  While that was heating up, I seasoned each chicken breast on both sides with just salt and pepper.  I cooked the 4 breast in the oil over med-high heat until they were a nice brown on each side.  You can add a bit more oil if necessary.  Cook the breast for 20-25 minutes until they are golden brown.

I then cut the breast at a diagonal and placed the meat on top of the salad.

You can use any type of dressing you like but this went really well with Ranch Dressing.

There you go!! Dinner is Ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment